- the elegant Beautifully located at the foothills of the Black Forest, the elegant spa town enchants discerning guests from all over the world with its art, culture and high-class events. With its elegant flair and stylish way of life, Baden-Baden is a paradise for everyone who appreciates pleasure at highest level. The two town’s thermal baths, the modern Caracalla Spa and the historic Roman-Irish “Friedrichsbad” guarantee high-class relaxation and wellness. For more than 350 years, the magnificent park and gardens “Lichtentaler Allee”, a masterpiece made of trees, fountains and flowers absolutely fascinates as a stylish art and culture mile. The Festspielhaus, Europe’s second-largest concert and opera hall, is world-renowned for its unique acoustics and holds over 300 events every year. The Museum Frieder Burda, built by New York star architect Richard Meier is the outstanding jewel in the “Lichtentaler Allee”, showing selected works of classical modernism. Elegant boutiques, precious jewellery, exquisite antiquities – the historic colonnades in front of the Kurhaus are a shopper’s paradise. Germany’s oldest and according to Marlene Dietrich “the most beautiful casino in the world” rounds off a perfect day in a playful manner and entices international guests to try their luck at the roulette table. Attractions in the city
- Kurhaus: unique elegance of the Belle Epoque.
- Casino: world-famous casino with international guests.
- Lichtentaler Allee: art and culture mile.
Excursions from Baden-Baden in the tri-national region
- Yburg: ancient medieval castle (built 1200)
- Schwarzwaldhochstraße: splendid panorama road
- Poteries de Betschdorf: typical Alsatian ceramics