6 DAYS, 5 NIGHTS
The Upper Rhine Valley gets hearts pumping and adrenaline running! Rafting tours, carriage rides, boat excursions, climbing walls, petting zoos, and the Europa-Park, voted as the best adventure park in the world, will turn you and of course your children vacation into an un-forgettable adventure!
Route and distances for a round-trip with your rental car:
- 1st day Basel
Basel EuroAirport -> Basel by bus number 50 within 17 minutes
- 2nd day Solarbob and rope park Langenbruck
Basel -> Langenbruck by car: 45 minutes (40 km)
- 2nd day Freiburg
Langenbruck -> Freiburg by car: 80 minutes (104 km)
- 3rd day Titisee and Water Paradise
Freiburg -> Titisee by car: 35 minutes (33 km)
- 4th day Europa-Park
Freiburg -> Europa-Park Rust by car: 35 minutes (40 km)
- 5th day Castles and eagles
Europa-Park Rust -> Castle Haut-Kœnigsbourg by car: 60 minutes (50 km)
Castle Haut-Kœnigsbourg -> Flight of the Eagles by car: 15 minutes (9 km)
- 5th day Colmar
Flight of the Eagles -> Colmar by car: 32 minutes (26 km)
- 6th day Ecomusée d’Alsace, Mulhouse
Colmar -> Ecomusée d’Alsace by car: 33 minutes (35 km)
- Arrival at EuroAirport Basel your Upper Rhine Valley aviation hub and transfer with bus n° 50 within 17 minutes to the city center
- Visit of the Basel zoo with its famous monkey house
- Visit of the historic city center of the old town
- Overnight-stay in Basel
Old town of Basel
The Old Town of Basel is one of the best-preserved and most beautiful of its kind in Europe. There are buildings from the 15th century which form an urban landscape that is both intriguing and harmonious. www.basel.com
The zoological garden opened in 1874 and is home to a large variety of indigenous and exotic ani-mals. Basel Zoo is open every day, including Sundays and public holidays.
January – February 8 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
March – April 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
May – August 8 a.m. – 6.30 p.m.
September - October 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
November – December 8 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
Solarbob and rope park Langenbruck & Freiburg
- Get your rental car at one of the numerous rental stations in Basel
- Car journey Basel -> Langenbruck: 45 minutes (40 km)
Solarbob and rope park Langenbruck
Solarbob is the only toboggan run in Europe with a 540° circular loop run and the only one to be operated carbon neutrally using solar energy. www.deinkick.ch
- After lunch car journey Langenbruck -> Freiburg: 80 minutes (104 km)
The most inspiring monument in Freiburg is the cathedral. It is widely regarded as a miracle of medieval mason’s craft. It is surrounded by the beautiful old town and an attractive pedestrian precinct. www.freiburg.de/pb/,Len/225797.html
- Overnight-stay in Freiburg
Lake Titisee & Water Paradise
- Car journey Freiburg -> Titisee by car: 35 minutes (33 km)
- Enjoy the beautiful landscape of the lake Titisee
- Float in the Caribbean feeling of the Water Paradise
This beautiful lake is one of the best-known attractions in the Black Forest. Surrounded by forest and low mountains, it is an idyllic place to relax in a delightful, natural setting. Follow the 5-mile/8-km trail round the lake or get out on to the water: take a cruise on the lake, go windsurfing or sailing, or just rent a rowing boat and do your own thing.
Caribbean feeling in the Black Forest!
Simply floating around in 33 degrees warm water or enjoying a cocktail at the pool bar. Exclusively themed saunas with special infusions and for the kids more than 22 high-tech slides and a wild wa-ter wave pool. In short: "the Water Paradise" on earth for families! www.badeparadies-schwarzwald.de/en/
- In the evening car journey back to Freiburg: 35 minutes (33 km) and overnight-stay in Freiburg
- Or overnight-stay in the Black Forest
- Car journey Freiburg -> Europa-Park Rust: 45 minutes (40 km)
- Experience the thrill of the Euopa-Park Rust
- Overnight-stay at one of the famous Europa-Park hotels
Over 100 attractions and shows promise excitement, fun, and unforgettable moments at Germany’s largest theme park! 15 European themed areas with authentic architecture, gastronomy, and vegetation provide a vibrant holiday atmosphere throughout the 95 hectare park.
Five park owned and themed 4-star hotels as well as the Camp Resort make Europa-Park the perfect short break destination for the whole family. www.europapark.de/en
- In the morning car journey Europa-Park -> Château du Haut-Kœnigsbourg: 60 minutes (50 km)
- Visit of the famous castle Haut-Kœnigsbourg
- Visit the flight of the eagles show and the monkey mountain in the vicinity
Alsace is Europe’s richest region in terms of concentration of feudal castles. Indeed, the region has over 400 castle ruins. The Haut-Koenigsbourg was completely refurbished and is one of the most frequently visited in France. www.haut-koenigsbourg.fr/en
Flight of the Eagles
The Volerie des Aigles experience invites you to marvel at the awe-inspiring and spectacular sight of the world’s largest birds of prey flying in complete freedom against the backdrop of the ruins of Kintzheim Castle. Look on in amazement as the birds that are the most difficult to see close up in the wild fly just a few centimeters away from the audience! A captivating show that will thrill people of all ages! www.voleriedesaigles.com
Situated in Kintzheim, the Montagne des Singes is home to around 300 Barbary macaques, which are also known as magots. They roam totally free in a park of 24 hectares in conditions very similar to those found in the wild. Don’t miss out on this chance to get close to these fascinating animals. A perfect family day out that will delight both young and old! www.montagnedessinges.com/en/
- In the eveing car journey to Colmar: 32 minutes (26 km)
Town of Colmar
Capital of the Alsatian wine producing area, Colmar offers visitors a snapshot of an idyllic Alsatian lifestyle, with its half-timbered houses, its canals, its "Little Venice" district and its flowers. www.tourisme-colmar.com/en/
- Car journey in the morning Colmar -> Ecomusée d’Alsace: 33 minutes (35 km)
A true open-air museum
Ecomusée d’Alsace brings to life the history of the whole region. Its typi-cal village comprising 70 half-timbered houses gives you a genuine insight into the daily lives of people from a bygone era, their traditional trades and skills. Throughout the year, numerous activi-ties and exhibitions take visitors to France’s largest heritage museum back in time. www.ecomusee.alsace/en/
- In the afternoon car journey Ecomusée d’Alsace -> Basel: 40 minutes (50 km)
- Return of rental car in Basel and continuation of your journey